Located at the heart of Millinocket, Breaking the Cycle is a new community-oriented transitional living program for women in recovery. We are fully certified by the Maine Association of Recovery Residences. Our mission is to provide a safe and supportive environment where our residents can transition away from addiction and grow toward developing a meaningful and productive life for themselves. In addition, Breaking the Cycle supports residents in reuniting with their families.
We are a secular, MAT-friendly, professionally-staffed program.
What we provide:
- 18 beds, priced at $150 / week (with a $150 non-refundable move-in fee), in comfortable, fully-furnished bedrooms. Special payment plans may be available upon request.
- Two experienced professional staff people.
- A large, modern, communal kitchen, complete with high quality appliances and free coffee, condiments, and basic food staple items. Nobody here goes hungry!
- On-site professional drug and alcohol counseling, group therapy, and comprehensive case management.
- We host frequent community events, including recovery speakers, meditation groups and other free workshops.
- Free laundry on premises.
What we expect:
- All residents are expected to remain drug and alcohol free. Random drug checks are performed.
- Residents are expected to obtain work, attend school and/or volunteer at least 20 hours per week within the first two weeks of residency.
- Residents will maintain good relations with their housemates, neighbors and their community as a whole.
- Residents are required to obtain a qualified sponsor, certified Recovery Coach or other peer support person within one week of arrival.
- In addition to mandatory weekly house meetings, residents must participate in at least two “pro-social” activities a week. Such activities may include, but are not limited to: AA, NA, or other 12-Step meetings; faith-based opportunities such as Celebrate Recovery; or professionally facilitated group therapy and counseling.